Ken Fuchs' Web World
Family History
Click on the pictures to see larger images.
Albano and Gini Fuchs   |   Albano and Gini 2   |   Albano and Gini 3   |   The Fuchs kids   |  May 1, 1951  |   Albano Fuchs -- Hunter   |   Albano and Gini 4   |   Hermann T. Fuchs   |   Fritz Fuchs   |  Pastor Adolf Fuchs   |   Superintendent A. F. Fuchs  |   Johannes Romberg    |   Ewald Fuchs   |   Gertrude Day   |   Rudolph Fuchs   |   Caroline Park   |   Herman Fuchs   |   George Fuchs   |   Vernon Fox   |   Roland Fuchs   |   The Twins   |   Marco Fox   |   Marion Fuchs
Albano and Gini Fuchs 3 (continued)
Fuchs kids at the Marble Falls town house, 1915

Fuchs kids at the Marble Falls town house, 1915

Rudi leaving for college, 1923

Rudi leaving for college, 1923

The big ranch house near Tatum, c. 1940

The big ranch house near Tatum, c. 1940

In front of Roland's ranch house, 1945

In front of Roland's ranch house, 1945

1948 GM & GP farm gs X3

1948 GM & GP farm gs X3

The old farm, July 1972

The old farm, July 1972

The Ruidoso house built by Marion, October 1950

The Ruidoso house built by Marion, October 1950

In front of the Ruidoso house, 1951

In front of the Ruidoso house, 1951

In 1914 Albano and Gini moved into town (Marble Falls) so their children could attend school without worrying about crossing the river when it froze over in the winter time.  Albano was also a county commissioner at the time and as such had obligations in town.  The family lived in this house at that time Albano served as county commissioner.  A State Historical Marker which mentions Albano Fuchs stands in the front yard of the house today.  Vernon was born in this house.

After living back in the house on the Colorado River for several more years, Albano moved the family to the farm near Abernathy in 1918.  He and Gini pose with son Rudolph in front of the Abernathy house on the day Rudi was leaving for college in 1923.

In 1926 Albano desired to go back to ranching, and he moved the family to a large ranch near Tatum in eastern New Mexico.  They engaged in sheep ranching there for twenty years.  Pictured above are the ranch house, and Albano and Gini in 1945 standing on the porch of son Roland's house nearby.

In 1945, with all of their sons grown and away, Albano and Gini followed George and Mildred to the mountain country in Lincoln County and moved to a small farm near present-day Ruidoso Downs. 

After the war, son Marion built a house in lower Ruidoso, and in 1950 they moved into this house, where they lived until 1957.